A fantastic step-by-step book introducing the fun and fantastic world of cosplay! Covers multiple techniques and tutorials for armor and props.
Bring your cosplay dreams to life with your own two hands. The Costume Maker's Guide is a beginner's guide to armor and prop making so that anyone - no matter their background knowledge - can make their costume dreams a reality.
Internationally known cosplayer Kamui Cosplay (a.k.a. Svetlana Quindt) shows you how to easily create elaborate costume armor and successful props out of items available at your local arts and craft or hardware stores: turn foam into a realistic axe, create a breastplate from scratch and use a glue gun to modify just about anything. Also includes the basic process of building and working with Worbla!
Packed with more than 30 step-by-step demonstrations that teach the skills you need to bring all your favorite characters to life no matter the genre, Kamui Cosplay deconstructs the work that goes into making a complete costume, from the first thought to the final photo. Tutorials cover design planning, fabricating body armor, 3D painting techniques and more.
- How to choose a costume and find good reference art
- Patterning and Construction advice
- A short shopping list of necessary materials and tools for beginning cosplayers
- Basic safety tips
- How to create realistic paint jobs with simple acrylics.
- A beautiful photo gallery featuring inspiring images from other cosplayers
- How to grow your workshop, take professional photos, participate in contests and join the cosplay community
128 full color pages.
Quantity discount applies when combining any of Kamui's books in the same order.
Books are only $22 (in any quantity) when buying a Worbla Jumbo Sheet or Combo Jumbo in the same order.